Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I really the kind of person who gets an 'energy balancing'??
If you’re anything like me, you probably think phrases like “energy balancing”, and “renewed sense of peace” sound like they’re only for people who wear patchouli and live in la-la land. But honestly, energy balancing works for anyone who wants to feel comfortable in their own skin, at home, or who wants clients to feel comfortable in their place of business.
An energy balancing can seem a little crazy to people who aren’t familiar with the process. Some people view it from a scientific perspective, while others choose the spiritual side. Either view is fine, and I will work within your comfort level! You don’t have to believe in it for it to work!
Here are 2 testimonials to show you what I mean:
“I was a little skeptical about receiving Reiki at first, but Jen’s grounded presence and steady tone convinced be to give it a shot. So glad I did! After our sessions, I feel relaxed and have an overall sense of well-being; similar to a post-massage or post-yoga high. Reiki has become an integral part of my self-care routine. I look forward to each session as a time when I can relax and release all my cares of the week.” – Anna F., Massage Therapist
“I recommended Jen to help clear energy out of a newly-purchased home before my friends moved in. Their whole view of the house changed once Jen was done. They went from being nervous about moving in, to excited, motivated, and much more comfortable!” – Rory H., Realtor
- What are your qualifications?I am a Reiki Master teacher/practitioner, certified by the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT), and a Professional Member of the Reiki Membership Association (RMA).
- What is Reiki?Reiki is a Japanese technique that promotes healing. It can create a calming atmosphere and reduce stress. Reiki can work through touch, as a hands-on healing method, or from a distance.
Reiki is not a religious practice, though it can be a spiritual experience for some people. Reiki does not violate the principles of any religion, and can actually be enhanced by incorporating your own spiritual/religious beliefs into the process during a personal session.
- What is Smudging?Smudging is an ancient practice of burning herbs or incense to cleanse the air. It has been used by nearly all ancient cultures around the world, including Native Americans, Greeks, and Egyptians. Today, the most commonly used herb is white sage, which has a pungent aroma.
Scientifically speaking, the smoke created from the burning sage pulls the positive ions from the air, leaving the negative ions behind. . . similar to how an electronic air purifier works.
Spiritually speaking, many cultures believe that smudging can remove negative energy imprinted in a space, and once removed, allow only positive energy to enter. (You may have seen this in practice on TV shows like TLC’s Long Island Medium!)
However you view it, smudging can bring a renewed sense of peace to your home or office!
My personal method involves burning herbs when possible, but can be adapted for places where this is not practical. I also like to diffuse essential oils to bring the desired feeling to the room. I have specific oils and herbs I like for certain situations, but can add in any favorites you may have.
- Can I afford this?Yes. I offer different levels of services, so even if the most involved session is a little out of your reach, a more basic service can be arranged. Prices vary based on the size of the space and services included. Call, text, or e-mail me in the “Contact” section if you’re interested in scheduling and want more information. Pricing starts at $35. Also ask about loyalty programs for repeat customers!
- Where are you located?I have office space near downtown Asheville for personal Reiki sessions, by appointment. (Map is at the bottom of the “Contact” page.) If travel is requested, arrangements may be made on a case-by-case basis. Distance Reiki (for those who are unable to travel) is also available. E-mail me in the “Contact” section with any special requests.
- What about classes?A few times a year, I will be teaching small group workshops for Level I and II Reiki. The more healers there are, the more healing that can happen! Workshops are 10-12 hours over Saturday to Sunday. Cost is $150, and includes class materials, lunch, and your participation. I also offer personal lessons for 1-2 people at a time. Cost is $400 for one, or $600 for two people. If you are interested in learning Reiki, please contact me for more info. If you already have a group together, and would like to request a personalized time or location for classes, please let me know! See the Reiki Classes page for more info, and check Facebook for current offerings.